Thursday, April 15, 2010

Free Association?

AP Economics.  2nd period.  There were six students in class (one absent).  They were working on review (the AP test is in a couple weeks). While they were reviewing, they were having some random conversations.

Abby: "Everybody uses that word.  Not me, but everybody else.  I guess you think she's fat."

Jose: "What are you talking about?"

Abby: "You called her 'babe', like the movie Babe in the City."

(Note: she meant Babe: Pig in the City.)

Jose: "What was the first one called?"

Abby: "First one?"

Jose: "Babe in the City was a sequel."

Abby: "It was a long time ago.  I don't remember the first one."

(At this point I chimed in to tell them that the first movie was just called Babe.)

Manny: "I never saw any pig movie.  What was it about?"

Abby: "A pig was going to be eaten, but then instead he entered some race."

Yep, it was a very random conversation.  I don't know why, but for some reason the AP kids talk about the strangest things.  I'm not going to even try to attempt to recreate the apples vs. oranges debate that stemmed from a question in their review.  That one got way too weird.  Somehow bananas got involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.