Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'd Rather Be Playing Games

It's been a painfully slow week, but that's sort of a good thing as I've had a bit of a cold since Monday.  I'm getting through it fairly quickly, and I'm feeling almost normal today.  A bit stuffy, but almost normal.

I had a great idea for a post today, something about subbing, but I find that I'm not in the mood for it right now.  I'd rather be playing games.

One of my favorite time wasters at school (on prep periods, I promise!) is Freerice.com.  It's not so much a game as a vocabulary builder.  It gives you a word with four possible synonym choices.  If you get it right, you gain levels (and harder words).  If you get it wrong, you go down levels.

I've found that I tend to hover around level 40.  At the moment, I've missed several words, and I'm down to level 36, but I've gotten as high as level 41.

Try it, and in the comments, tell me how well you've done.  (You can start at any level by clicking on "change level" at the bottom of the word box.)  I'm sure you can beat my piddly level 41.

My other favorite online game of the moment is Gin Rummy (this one).  If you've got a moment, come by and join me.  I'm not that good.  You can probably take me.

So, I'm off.  Wish me luck.  Maybe I'll win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.