Monday, January 3, 2011

The Scarf Project

It was at about this time last year that I came up with a plan.  Since I always seemed to get to my Christmas knitting so late in the year, I thought it time that I started earlier.  Way earlier.  January.

I decided to knit everyone a scarf.  The first pattern I found was the dragon scarf.  Then I got sidetracked.  I made myself an alligator scarf.  (I had to include myself in the project, right?)  And then it was my niece's birthday (and I ended up knitting her present twice).

By the summer, it was time to get serious.  I managed to get a couple scarves done.  I blogged about one.  This one was for my niece.

scallop scarf 2

Then this one ended up going to my dad.

chunky braided scarf

Then I figured that I'd better get my nephew's birthday present done (he was inconveniently born on December 26th).  It turned out very nice.

steggie back

For my newest nephew, I figured that a scarf wouldn't be the best option.  So, he got a soft toy instead.

for Griffin

It was fall before I got to the end of my project.  I had two more scarves to knit.  And then on November 13th, I was done.  All I had to do was wrap everything and wait for the big day.

It was the strangest December.  I wasn't panicking.  I wasn't busily trying to finish a bunch of projects in time for the holiday.  December 23rd was a peaceful day (this is unusual for me).

Also, I didn't get sick.  (Well, I had one migraine, but that was closer to New Year's than Christmas.)  It was lovely.  This is how the holiday season should always be.

So, now it's time to plan for Christmas 2011.  Actually, it's totally time to start.  But first I must decide what it is that I'm going to knit for everybody.  Hats?  Gloves?  Socks?  I'm going to have to think about this.

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful knitting! I like the scarf that you knitted for your dad.

    Wishing you a happy knitting year in 2011.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.