Monday, June 27, 2011

A Finished Purse

It took me a while. First, I finished the knitting and felting.

felted purse

Then I looked at it for a long time. (How long? Well, I mentioned that I had finished the thing in a May 2nd post.) I pondered. I thought. I went out and bought supplies. Then I thought some more.

Last Wednesday, I finally got out the sewing machine. I added a zipper...

felted purse zipper close up

I put in a lining (not in that order)...

lining of purse

And now, it's finished.

felted purse with zipper

I learned a lot on this one. First, I shouldn't spend so much time thinking about it. Second, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. And third, I should think a bit more about how I'm going to close the thing as I'm knitting it.

I actually like this one. I even used it. It's about time. The last one I made (2005) needs to be replaced.

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.