Thursday, January 26, 2012

An App for That?

A little while ago, I was looking to do something with the blog (I forget what), and I stumbled across the Mobile setting in Template. (This is all on Blogger, by the way.) It turns out, you can set it so your blog shows up better on cell phones and the like. Mine was turned off, so I turned it on.

This was all before I got a smart phone. Now that I have one, I see the difference having the Mobile settings enabled makes.

I mention this in the hopes that if you were not aware, you are now. Go and fix it so your blog shows up a little bigger and easier to read for those reading your blog via their smart phones.

I'm such a newbie with my smart phone. I don't know what to do with it. I've figured out email, Facebook, and Twitter, but that's about it. There are so many apps out there, I don't even know where to begin.

(This came up in conversation yesterday. That's why I'm bringing it up.)

I'm looking for recommendations. What should I add to my smart phone? What cool stuff am I missing?

There is an app that I desperately want, but I don't know if it exists yet. If I had any idea how to do this myself, I would have long ago. As it is, I need to find someone who knows how to do this and hope to convince them to do it.

You know when you're watching a TV show (or a movie), and you see an actor that you know from someplace, but you just can't place where you saw this actor before? Sometimes you can figure it out, and sometimes you are with someone who can place the actor for you. But then there are times when it just isn't coming. This drives me crazy.

I want an app for that. There's got to be a way to input the show or the role (or a picture) into something and get a list of everything that actor has been in. What I do now is to remember to go onto IMDB when I'm on my computer (if I still remember by then), and look it up the hard way. That is, if I manage to get the actor's name in the credits of the show (not always possible).

(I know. I've mentioned this before. I will continue to bring it up until someone manages to program this app.)

Do you have mobile settings enabled on your blog? Have you seen the app I want? (Can you program it for me?) And what apps should I get for my smart phone?

1 comment:

  1. I do have mobile settings enabled for my blog/smart phone. Apps that I enjoy are: Shazam, Twitter, Scrabble, Restaurants, Blastr, Flixster, Fandango, Flashlight, Temple Run, Angry Birds, Bento, Groupon, and TV Guide.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.