Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Crazy Kids

I've had a really good run of classes lately. While this is a good thing, it makes the blog boring. This post is from October 18, 2006, and it was not a very good day...

8th graders may be evil, but 7th graders are crazy. At least, the group I had today was crazy.

There was this one boy and one girl who were just sniping at each other across the room. Just when I'd get him settled, she would shoot at him with some insult (she kept calling him Pinocchio), and then he'd have to respond. (He called her a witch.)

You'd think with the whole room between them they would find someone nearer to fixate on, but no. It was continuous.

I wanted to tell him to just ask her out and get it over with. I didn't. I've done that sort of thing before. But in the end I get more arguments, and I was having enough of those today.

1 comment:

  1. He really called her a witch? That's very polite, considering they're middle school students. My kids were never that polite to each other.

    Glad to hear you're having a run of good classes...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.