Saturday, May 26, 2012

Kreativ Blogger Found Me

Tanya Reimer was kind enough to award me the Kreativ Blogger Award...


Of course, there are rules:
  1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded me.
  2. Answer the questions.
  3. Share ten random facts/thoughts about yourself.
  4. Nominate 7 worthy blogs.
Thank you, Tanya, for thinking of me. And as for the questions...  

What is your favorite song?
I don't know. I only listen to the radio, and I don't know what half the songs I hear are called, let alone who sings them. So, instead I thought I'd offer one of my favorite pieces, something that I played a few times in high school and in college. (I found this on YouTube. I don't know who the band is, but it's a pretty good version.)



I played this for the first time when I was in the 10th grade. The last time I played this I was in college, and that time I was first chair oboe, so that solo (duet with the clarinet) in the 2nd movement was mine. Extra points if you can identify the meter in the 3rd movement. And the 4th movement was always fun. While the woodwinds were in 6/8, the brass were in 3/4. It was a challenge to stay in time.

Ah, memories.

What is your favorite dessert?
Anything chocolate. Chocolate cake. Brownies. Ice cream. Frozen yogurt. All of it.  

What ticks you off?
Tailgaters. Telemarketers.

Black or white?
Depends on the application.

Which is/was your favorite pet?
Whichever one I have at the moment. 

What is your biggest fear?
Failing.

What is your attitude, mostly?
Gratitude. At least, that's what I try for.

What is perfection?
That which cannot be achieved by those of us stuck in the physical.

What is your guilty pleasure?
Teen movies.

10 Random Things
  1. I need a knitting project. Everything on my plate right now is crochet.
  2. And when I say "on my plate" I mean literally. I have a large decorative plate on which I keep all my current working projects. It sits on the sofa table just behind where I normally sit, in easy access so all I have to do is reach behind me and pick up what I want to work on.
  3. I hate the word literally. If I could have avoided it in #2 I would have, but it worked so perfectly. Ah, well...
  4. I just backed up all my remaining photos from my phone. I say remaining because Lil Demon managed to delete a few. At least he didn't touch my eclipse photos.
  5. Lil Demon is 2. So, while I was upset, I didn't yell at him. (Well, I did have a moment of grrrr, but I didn't direct it at him.) And I will remember to be more careful in the future.
  6. Oh, and I didn't name him Lil Demon. That's his mother's doing. (She's taking a little blogging break. At least, I plan on getting her blogging again in the near future if I can manage it.) Hi, Heather!
  7. This is turning into a not-about-me random-10-things. So, I should talk about me. I'm not very good at talking about me.
  8. Seriously. In any group, I'm the one sitting in the corner, listening. I rarely contribute to the discussion unless I find I have something to say. I rarely have something to say.
  9. I'm a night owl. Yet, my job requires me to be up and out of the house by 6:30 AM. This is getting easier.
  10. Although, right now it's 1 AM. (I schedule posts to post at 8 AM.) Good thing it's the weekend. I don't have to be up early.  
It's late/early, and I'm a bit bleary eyed, so I'll nominate 7 worthy blogs later. If you haven't been awarded and would like to play, leave me a comment and I'll consider it.

And I'm going to leave you with one of the eclipse pictures from last week:  


I was lucky to have the cloud cover. It was just enough to be able to snap the shot. Happy Saturday!  

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the award!

    Listening to the music now--thanks for sharing the video.

    I don't usually say much in groups, either.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.