Monday, December 3, 2012

Save the Sweaters?

My great-grandmother taught me to knit. When she passed, I inherited all her tools (as well as her yarn stash). She also left behind some sweaters that she made.

The workmanship is something to behold. But, they don't get worn.

She didn't like making sleeves, but she could.

Very pastel. Very '80s.

The color doesn't come out very well, but it's stunning in person.

There are three in this color. I only posted this one.

I think this was made for my brother, as he was about this size at that time.

As you can see, they're all vests. She didn't like making sleeves. And none of them fit.  

It's time to get rid of them. I hate to see them go, but they're really just taking up space. What should I do with them? 

4 comments:

  1. give them to charity, goodwill or people to people clothing. Someone will wear them somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donate them to a nice charity as mshatch has indicated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bethune Transitional Center for Homeless Students in Long Beach is always in need of clothing for children of ALL ages. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, charity's already been mentioned so if you felt like it, you could give it to friends or relatives who they would fit. Then you could see them making someone else warm :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.