Thursday, April 25, 2013

Vague Predictions

Thursdays are "What if?" days at LoG. I come up with the craziest question I can think of with the only intent being to jump start story ideas. Let the question take you where it will...

Did you know that you can reject a future a psychic might predict for you? If you don't want what the psychic sees for you, you can take the steps to change it. That's why people go to see psychics (or at least it should be why people go to see psychics).

But, of course, some predictions can be rather vague...

What if the psychic gave a vague prediction on purpose? That is, the prediction was vague so that it would have to come true?

4 comments:

  1. Your question immediately reminded me of The Raven Boys, Maggie Stiefvater's new book. If you're interested in psychics you might like it. I loved it. It's my favorite read so far this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with mshatch. I immediately thought of The Raven Boys too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops, I think I'd run away if I didn't like what they were saying and especially if it was soooo vague?
    Susan Scott's Soul Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that vague predictions where what psychics did exclusively...Something like "you're going to die. You know. Someday." Well, duh.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.