Monday, April 29, 2013

Yaddo Cardigan

I so totally lucked out with this. I didn't even realize that my newest crochet project's name started with a Y. But as I was plotting out the rest of the alphabet, something made me look at the pattern.

When I saw the name of the thing was Yaddo Cardigan, I think I laughed. (I don't want to get dinged for posting a pic that I do not own, so check out the link to see what I'm going for.)

I'm not very far along just yet...


I made a few modifications. The main one being I'm using a heavier yarn than is called for in the pattern. (The sock yarns that were the right weight didn't have the feel or the color I wanted.)

So, I'm doing my usual cheat. Instead of doing all the math to resize the pattern, I'm working the smallest size. I'm not a small person. But because my stitches are bigger, I'll end up making a much larger cardigan. (It'll fit. I did do some math.)

I was going to have to modify anyway. The pattern isn't sized up to my size.

I'll likely post a pic when I'm done. As what's in the pic is about 3 weeks worth of work, it will be a while before I finish.

14 comments:

  1. I love the look of that cardigan. It does seem like something I would reach for again and again. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you got your work cut out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! It looks so silky, it will be a great cardigan- can't wait to see it finished!:)

    Perfect for Y!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the rate I work, that should be July...August...

      Delete
  4. That looks like an incredible amount of work. But you've got a start on it, right? I admire people who are crafty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it'll take me some time. But sometimes I need a long and involved project. This is that.

      Delete
    2. That is gorgeous. It'll be even more beautiful with a bigger stitch, I love the lacy look. Perfect, elegant pull-on for a cool summer evening. Not that you have them in SoCal. :)

      VR Barkowski

      Delete
  5. It always amazes me to see talented people like yourself creating things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of Yaddo Cardigan. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's newly published. In Interweave Crochet's Spring 2013 issue.

      Delete
  7. That's really pretty, and I love the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bah, math. It always pretends it's useful but it's really just boring.

    I love the color and the pattern. I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful texture. You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.