Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Denied an Early Release

Occasionally, I get a teacher whose prep period is the last period of the day. Since I don't have to prep, as long as the school doesn't need me for another class, I get to go home early.

But last week, a small wrench got thrown into those plans.

Because the continuation high school is the way it is, last Wednesday was the day that the students all got their registration packets. But because the administration didn't want the students losing the paperwork, they had us hand it out to them at the end of their day.

(These are students who don't bring pencil or paper to school. Carrying paperwork around all day? Many will lose it.)

And because of they way they do things, that meant that I had the packets for two students. Which meant that I had to wait around for an hour so that I would still be at school for the last five minutes of the day.

Sigh.

(Yes, this is a very minor quibble. Which should tell you how smooth my day went that the only funny story I have to relate is of me having to wait around for an hour to pass out two packets of paperwork.)

6 comments:

  1. I have the utmost respect and appreciation for all of you working in the educations system. I totally vote to up you guys pay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Celeste said. So much goes on in schools that doesn't directly involve education. I think many people think children go to school, sit in a classroom all day, learn, then come home.

    If only...

    VR Barkowski

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, it's okay to be annoyed. Complaining is what the internet is for :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess if that was the worst part of your day you were doing pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it was a pretty mellow day. Those are the days where I frantically search for something to blog about.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.