Friday, August 9, 2013

Down to Sawdust

Laguna Beach, CA is a bit of an artist enclave. Every summer, there are all sorts of art festivals. My favorite one happens to be the Sawdust Festival. I've been going almost every summer since the '80s.

I ran into the woman who made this frog ring...


I recognized her booth because she still sells this little guy. Isn't he cute?

All sorts of great artists have booths selling their wares. There's some wonderful water photography. And of course paintings of coastal scenes. Especially Laguna Beach. And some more Laguna Beach photography.

I'm especially fond of fiber arts (naturally) and am drawn to the booths that sell purses and such. But some jewelry artists catch my eye.

These wooden goblets caught my eye. And I do love some sculptural stuff. But nephew loved watching the glass blower. And there's plenty of glasswork to see as well.

Sorry about link soup, but I'm wary of posting pics that aren't mine (the frog ring is mine, and I took that photo). This is only a small selection of what was there. If you're in the area, you really should check it out.

2 comments:

  1. How cute! Too bad I'm nowhere near the area. I'd like to check out a festival like that. The glass and the jewelry is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Stuff! How lucky you are to live where you do! I miss Cali when I see pictures like that *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.