Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Liebster Award Part 2

A couple weeks ago I was awarded the Liebster Award by Charity. I started the post, but I didn't finish it. That is, I didn't nominate my recipients.

I had planned to finish it the next week, but my move got all in my face, and things went awry... Well, today I'm going to finish this thing. First, a recap of the rules:

The Liebster Award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It pays tribute to new blogs, or blogs with a follower count of less than 1,000–including Twitter. The word “liebster” is German in origin and has several definitions, including but not limited to: dearest, sweetest, kindest, pleasant, endearing, lovely, cute, nicest, valued and welcome.




The rules:
  1. Link back to the blog that nominated you. (Charity)
  2. Answer questions that your nominator has set for you.
  3. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
  4. Nominate 5-11 blogs that have less than 1,000 followers to receive this award. (Remember, this includes Twitter.)
  5. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
  6. Contact your nominees and let them know you have nominated them. 
My nominees:
  1. Betty at A Bench With a View
  2. Birgit at BB Creations
  3. Romi C. at In the Way Everlasting
  4. Lisa at My Sweet Peanut
  5. Pinky Poinker
  6. And everyone else reading this post. You all deserve it. 
Questions for my Nominees:
  1. Have you ever noticed how JJ Abrams likes the number 47? Or how the answer to life, the universe, and everything is 42? Certain people identify with certain numbers. I already admitted to having an affinity for 11. What is your signature number?
  2. Back in January, TIME magazine published an article on bad passwords. (I managed to find this again to illustrate a point while having a conversation with some juniors at the end of the last school year. They argued that a bad password was great protection as no hacker would try these anymore. I disagreed.) Have you ever used a "bad password"? Did you think it was good, or did you just need something easy? 
  3. What time did you go to bed last night?
  4. What's the last movie you went out to see in a movie theater?
  5. As you all know, Tuesdays are my "what if" question days. And I'm running a bit low on ideas. What's the best "what if" question you can come up with? (Or come up with a mediocre one. I'm kind of desperate.)
  6. Where are your car keys right now?
  7. Donna's New Day links to a random quiz on Sundays, and a couple weeks ago she found a quiz from the Oxford English Dictionary on finding the best new word for you. (They recently added a bunch of words.) Take the quiz (either frivolous or serious, or both if you're feeling adventurous), and give us your new word.
  8. Are you right or left-handed?
  9. Are you with me in the cult of Doctor Who? (Are you watching the new season?) Who's your favorite Doctor?
  10. If I were to offer to knit you something (anything) you'd like, what would you request?
  11. Besides blogging, what's your favorite social media outlet (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)?

10 comments:

  1. What fun questions, although I have to disagree. The universe rotates around 49, not 42. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Crystal, great questions. But you're both wrong. The universe rotates around 8. Plus, just give it a 90 degree turn to the right or left and you've got infinity.

    VR Barkowski

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for nominating me:) I will have to get this out to all in the next few days:) and congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Congrats on the award. I remember that movie Jim Carrey did about the number 23 and how all of these theories exist about everything leading back to the number 23. So now when my husband is buying a lottery ticket and asks me to pick a number for the powerball, I always choose 23!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh right, I remember that movie. I should have included that in the question.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for nominating me :)

    I hope you got settled in now from your move!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too kind...now that back-to-school is just plain old school, I will gladly accept and try to get something out there. Thank you dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No rush. It took me more than a month to get to it.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.