Thursday, March 26, 2015

Name Tags


I spotted them as I walked to my classroom for the day that morning. Hearts stuck all over the walls. Each heart had a name written on it. Interesting...

It was during the morning announcements that they were explained. It was a game. The students were to find their own names and bring that heart to the activities room. They would get a prize.

So, for the rest of the day, students came in wearing these hearts. Some complained that they couldn't find their own. As the day progressed, more and more of them had found theirs.

Then 6th period came in. Nearly half came into class with hearts...that were not their own.

"Alice, I have yours..."

Yep, they brought in hearts of their classmates. And gave them to them.

Well, it was "kindness week". That was rather kind of them.

(And it was an interesting game. I wonder how many hearts the activities room got back.)

9 comments:

  1. That was nice of them. Better than taking them and throwing them away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually sweet and nice of the kids to bring in other's hearts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww what a great story. I think kids mostly will help each other out when given the chance. I'd like to believe adults will, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad 6th period was that nice. I hope the other students on campus were, too.

      Delete
  4. Cute, hadn't read of anything like this, I bet the kids did enjoy this particular activity.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never seen it before. I think it was new.

      Delete
  5. That's nice. It seems like bringing people their names is a good way to celebrate kindness week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say that this is the best game of all. I will suggest to my daughter, who teaches middle school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never seen it before. I wonder where the school's ASB got the idea from.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.